Community Access to Compassionate CareWe foster a culture of individualized care and achieve a position of leadership in rural healthcare services through judicious use of available resources and collaboration with local and regional healthcare providers to meet changing healthcare needs.
Patients and Visitors
New policy in place for in-patient hospital visits.
Updated September 11, 2020
Hospital visitation requests will be made on the day before the requested visit is to occur. Perspective visitors should call 218-387-3040 between the hours of 9am - 6pm to schedule a visitation appointment. Visiting hours will be in 2 hour increments from 10am to 6pm daily. No outside food or drinks may be brought in, however food gifts for the patient are allowed, and are to be consumed by the patient only (must be compatible with current MD ordered diet).
Protocol for inpatient visitation is as follows:
- Visitors to North Shore Health must enter through the 5th Street main hospital entrance.
- Visitors must pass the screening process in order to gain entrance into North Shore Health.
- One individual will be identified as the visitor for the duration of the time frame. Visitation appointments are for once daily and for two hours total. There will be only 2 visitation appointments per patient per day.
- Visitors may not make multiple appointments in the same day.
- Visitors will be required to don cloth face coverings. They must be worn at all times while in the building. If visitors do not have a cloth face covering one will be provided by NSH.
- Visitors will be expected to perform adequate hand hygiene before and after visitation. Visitors must limit any unnecessary surface touching.
- Visitors will refrain from physical contact of any kind with patients at all times, no exceptions, and must maintain social distances of 6 feet or more.
- Visitation will be limited to the patient’s room. Visitors will not go to other locations within the facility. Once visitors leave the patient room (other than going to the restroom), they cannot return to the patient room that day.
Doctors servicing the Hospital and Care Center are from the Sawtooth Mountain Clinic. Our emergency room is staffed 24 hours a day by experienced physicians from Wapiti Medical Group.
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
Updated pharmacy information coming soon!
The entire campus of North Shore Health is a smoke-free environment. Smoke-free means that tobacco products such as cigarettes, cigars, pipes and smokeless tobacco may not be used in any building or on any property owned by the hospital district. The term property includes vehicles owned by the hospital district. This policy applies to employees, patients, residents, medical staff, students, volunteers and visitors.
Visitors are welcome to eat meals at North Shore Health. Contact the Charge Nurse or Receptionist to make arrangements for your guest tray.
All Cook County churches are represented in meeting the spiritual needs of patients in the hospital and residents at the Care Center. They also provide on-call support, upon request, in the hospital emergency room. Attempts are made to link up patients/residents with spiritual persons not represented by the Cook County churches by contacting the Social Worker or Nursing Staff. Sunday services, Catholic and Lutheran communion and Bible Study are regularly scheduled at the Care Center.