- Spinal manipulation treatment/Muscle Energy/Rehab with core stabilization
- Custom body mechanics training for at home and work
- Mulligan manual therapy techniques
- Sports injury evaluation and treatment with return to sports recommendations
- Joint replacement rehab
- Post operative rehab including rotator cuff repair, ACL reconstruction or any extremity or spinal surgery
- Postural Alignment Assessments based on the Egoscue Method with customized E-cise programs
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Headaches and Migraines
- Balance disorder evaluation and treatment
- Vertigo treatment and management
- Manual Therapy for Extremity/Spine including manipulation
- Stroke Rehab
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of your telephone, smart phone, tablet or computer to connect you with your healthcare rehab provider. We are able to offer both physical therapy and occupational therapy using one of those communication methods to complete both treatment and evaluations over telehealth.
What does a telehealth visit look like?
If you are using video conferencing (common apps are facetime, skype, zoom, etc.) your therapist will be able to talk with you, watch you perform select movements, track your progress all while you are in the comfort and safety of your home. Sessions are usually about 30-45 minutes long and as if you were there in person. Your therapist can safely and accurately alter your exercises by changing the intensity or altering them to make you move and feel better.
Will my insurance cover telehealth?
YES! In light of all of the COVID 19 news, insurance companies are working with us so that you are covered for your health care without risking exposure. Call the rehab department if you have any questions about how we can use your insurance to make sure you are covered for our services!
How do I set up an appointment?
Scheduling is exactly the same as in person and you will request a telehealth appointment over the phone with our front desk schedulers. The front desk will take your phone number, email, and other information required for the visit and your therapist will contact you about what your best options are for health care treatment. They can walk you through how to set up Zoom and appointments are as easy as clicking an email for each session! All telehealth appointments are safe, confidential and HIPAA compliant as we ensure your healthcare information security.
In these challenging times, where there is some uncertainty, we at North Shore Health are working hard to keep you feeling good both physically and mentally. Call today to ask about telehealth and how we can get you feeling good so that you can get back to your summer activities without any aches and pains!
Screenshot via Zoom meetings. This is one application your therapist will utilize for your treatment sessions.